Sunday, October 26, 2008

Departure

Any minute I should be boarding the Etihad flight for Kathmandu, via Abu Dhabi. Once again, I find myself on an adventure I never expected. Wished for, but really. Nepal?

I'm heading over to visit my friend Anna who's been living there a few years, now. After a few days in Kat, we'll be heading out to explore the western part of the country (and the more remote). No climbing frigid mountain peaks for us! I'm anticipating leisurely public transportation journeys on so-so roads stopping at villages along the way. Hopefully there will actually be some trekking. If only the occasional half-mile walk from the roadside to the village.

I will actually be arriving while Anna is away on business. At the airport, I'm to meet a Korean girl holding a sign reading "Alabaster'. [How very James Bond]. I've been dutifully warned there will be no power when I get to her flat, but I will find candles on the table.

Internet connections may be spotty, but I'll post when I can... and of course with plenty of photos.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Should be no problem at Anna's flat for internet :) but the power does have to be on... and the outages are schduled!

Please give a hug to my sister for me! :)